What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are aromatic molecules that consist of 100’s of natural chemical compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants. Via multiple delivery methods they allow us to tap into uplifting our emotions, cleansing toxins from the body, regenerate cellular activity, increase energy etc. all of which improve emotional wellness!
Here are a few important facts to know about what essential oils are:
- Natural aromatic compounds found in plants that are essential to the health of that plant and to our health as well.
- Safe and do not cause harmful side effects.
- Cost pennies per dose and are applied simply by three different ways through diffusing, applying to the skin or ingested.
- 50-70 times more powerful than herbs.
- Provide a natural support to our immune system
Essential oils are non water-based phytochemical made up of volatile aromatic compounds. Although they are fat soluble, they do not include fatty lipids or acids found in vegetable and animal oils. Essential oils are very clean, almost crisp, to the touch and are immediately absorbed by the skin. Pure, unadulterated essential oils are translucent and range in color from crystal clear to deep blue. Whether the oils are inhaled or applied dermally, they enter the blood stream and produce measurable pharmacological effects. Aromatically, the oil passes through the olfactory neural pathway which allows both intraneuronal and extraneuronal access to the brain.